Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Revived Couponer!

The last month or so has been a very busy one for our family. I've survived our 5 yr old's birthday party and several other engagements. In the process of this, I had done quite a bit of shopping without coupons. Like spending almost $25. at a party supply store and spending $30 on a birthday cake and etc. Those shopping trips almost made me sick. But anyways, this is not something we do on a regular basis. We only have birthday parties (outside the bounds of the
family) when we are celebrating the big numbers like 1, 5, 10.... I couldn't handle it every year.

Through all this non-coupon shopping, I'm looking back and realizing it was a much needed break from the "shopping game." Don't get me wrong, I looked for the best possible deals and looked for items on sale and such. Most of the food I purchased was with coupons. But just like anything in life, sometimes you can get burned out. So a break here and there is definitely a good way to regroup and make you realize that you are saving alot of money with couponing.

But after that time off, I'm very pleased to be back at it and going strong! This past week's grocery shopping trip proved that to me. I did the mega sale at Kroger last week and was absolutely thrilled with my results. Even though the sales are over and there are new deals awaiting, I thought I would share. If for nothing else but encouragement to my readers that clipping is worth it. And even if you don't do it every shopping trip...there is money to be saved when you do.

Now saving money does take time and some work to be successful. But isn't everything in life like that? So here are the details of my amazing shopping trip...

My bill started out at $130 and after the mega sale promo discounts and coupons my bill only totaled $30 and some change. Yes, I said $30 and some change. My receipt said I saved 84% on my shopping trip!!! The man that was standing behind me in line about fell over. I think he was about as excited as me. :)
(Both of these pictures= my $30 of groceries)

Like I said though, it did take some work to be that successful. It took me about 1-1 and half hours to cut my coupons, make my list and organize my coupons. Then of course the shopping trip itself took some time and effort. I went by myself, after the kiddies were in bed, since there wouldn't have been room for them in the cart. (literally)

All in all, it was a very rewarding and tiring shopping trip. But after saving a $100, it was all together worth it! It was very encouraging as well to know that I had saved my family that much on one shopping trip. God truly blessed! He is so good.

So you may be saying...I could never save that much. Well, maybe not today, but eventually. So get started, buy your Sunday paper, print your coupons, clip your coupons, match up your coupons with your weekly sales ad and start saving!

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing story! I am very pleased how the Lord has blessed you with wisdom. I can't help but think of you and the woman in Proverbs 31.

    Love You
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad...I wish I was that woman...I know I don't have the "rising up early" part down. :)

    Love u 2

    ReplyDelete