Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What's For Dinner Monday

 What's For Dinner?
 

Once again, I'm late posting my meal plans for the week. If I don't get on the ball, I'm going to have to rename the post. :) I'm a little behind though because my littlest guy has been sick the past 5-6 days. :(

I'll give the update on last week's groceries and meal plan:
---We ended spending $29 for groceries for the whole week. YAY!
---Friday's dinner meal didn't work out nor did Saturday mornings breakfast. Friday, at the last minute, we had to go to the funeral home out of town. So we ended up at Shake N Shake for dinner with coupons of course. We  ended up spending $10 for that meal. Saturday we had to make a last minute trip to the doctor's office with the little guy. :( So we just picked up a bite on the way home--$4.20. Even though, I believe meal planning is a great thing, but sometimes God has different plans for our weeks. My husband but it into perspective for me this week. He said, "Serving God and being there for others is what life is all about. "
---All in all not a bad week for groceries or eating out.

Now on to this week's meal plans:

Monday:
Lunch: Leftover Enchiladas
Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Toast (from last Friday's meal plan)

Tuesday:
Lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, pretzels,oranges
Dinner: Leftovers

Wednesday:
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Chili with the beans I cooked Sat.

Thursday: 
Lunch: Quesadillas with tomatoes
Dinner: 4-ways with leftover Chili:
---Cook pasta, layered with chili, cheese and onions (if desired)

Friday:
Lunch: Cresent Roll-ups, Salad:
---Cresent Roll-ups are made with cresent rolls, filled with meat(chicken, turkey, etc) and cheese and baked as directed on cresent rolls or maybe a few minutes longer until brown. I usually serve them with honey mustard.
Dinner: Pizza Night :)

Saturday:
Breakfast: Sausage Gravy with Biscuits, Eggs
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Brats and Oven Fries

Sunday: Out

Snacks: Banana,Oranges, Chex Mix, PB&J, Celery, Carrots, Cheese & Crackers
Dessert: Sugar Cookies, Cheesecake


So far this week, I've spent nothing on groceries. I had "planned" to grocery shop over the weekend but that never happened. Then, I had "planned" for Monday, but we got snow and I decided to stay in. I do have most of the ingredients for this week, but I will need to pick a few groceries. So I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment