Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update On This Week's "Eating From the Pantry Challenge"

My Stuffed Pepper's Dinner this week.
                                        
Well, we successfully made it through the week with no grocery shopping. I didn't even end up paying out of pocket for milk. I decided to pick some up at CVS with a gift card from a prescription transfer. So our grocery totals for the month ended up being just under $76. Yay! It's really hard for me to believe that we were able to spend so little. And although my stockpile is smaller, it's not depleted.

This month has allowed me to be a little more creative with my cooking. And instead of running out to pick up something that needed to go with our dinner, I would see what I could whip up or make from scratch. It's been fun and a challenge.

The good thing that has come from this is my hubby and I have determined we can probably shave at least $10 off our weekly grocery budget. That's a $40 savings a month...we'll see.

So far I've spent only $22 on next week's groceries. Since I cooked my turkey today, we should have enough meat for a least 3 more meals. We may be able to make it through another week of very little grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment