Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Waffle Recipe

I mentioned in my "Pantry Challenge" that I recently was able to try out my friends new waffle machine. I absolutely loved it! The recipe we used was quite simple and pretty frugal...so I thought I would share. (Thanks, Kim and your mom-in-law for the recipe!)

Quick Waffles

3 eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup melted butter

1 Tbsp. vanilla

2 cups of flour (we used 1 & 1/2 cups of self rising flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour**so we omitted the salt and baking powder)

**1 tsp. salt

**1/2 Tbsp. baking powder

2 tsp. sugar

Beat whole eggs in a bowl until thick. Beat milk, melted butter and vanilla into egg. Combine remaining ingredients. Mix well. Makes 6 -8 waffles.


We did this recipe times 4. We added freezer jam in part of the batter, and chocolate chips in another set of batter for variety. Yum!

If you're in the market for a new waffle recipe, give this one a try. We divided and froze the waffles, and reheat them in the toaster before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment