Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's For Dinner Monday

What's For Dinner Monday


Participating in the Pantry Challenge last month has encouraged me to continue with my meal planning. I've been meal planning for a while, but over the holidays, I slacked off on actually writing it down every week. I think there is something to be said for putting things into writing. It's definitely more concrete.

In lieu of making myself a little more accountable, I thought on Mondays (I'm a day late this week) that I would start posting our meal plan for the week. I will also be sharing recipes both frugal and just plain yummy ones. :) Maybe this will also encourage my readers to continue meal planning or maybe to start meal planning. If you're one that needs lists and charts to get things accomplished, check out Mom Advice for a simple printable meal planning spreadsheet. (She has all kinds of cool spreadsheets.)

We spent under $28 on groceries this week. So that's the groceries that I have to work with and here's what meals I've come up with:

I'm not going to meal plan breakfast because we usually eat: Cereal, Eggs, Toast, Fruit, Waffles or Fruit and Yogurt through the week. I let the boys choose what they want.

Monday:
Lunch: Fiesta Eggs
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Tenders with Dipping Sauces
Rosemary Red Potatoes and Green Beans
Toast

Tuesday:
Lunch: Turkey Salad with Celery
Dinner: Chicken, Brocolli, Cheese Soup with Crackers--I'll post the recipe later in the week.

Wednesday:
Lunch: Leftover Soup and Grilled Cheese
Dinner: Chili Dogs

Thursday:
Lunch:Chicken Nuggets and carrot sticks
Dinner: Pizza Night [Maybe the Heart Pizza from Papa Murphy's?]

Friday:
Lunch: Leftovers and apple slices
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Garlic Bread

Saturday:
Breakfast: Heart-shaped Pancakes with Sausage
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Enchiladas(Since Valentine's falls on Church Day, this will be our Valentine's Dinner...one of hubby's favorite meals)
Spanish Rice
Refried Beans

Sunday:
Leftover Enchilada Casserole

Snacks: cheese, crackers, celery, carrots, apples,oranges, Chex Mix, Quaker Rice Snacks, Goldfish crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or crackers

Dessert: Ice Cream, Cupcakes...I'm making Rolled Sugar Cookies with icing on Friday. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment